Sunday, August 24, 2008

Amazing

This story is amazing. It reminds us of how blessed we are and loved we are. I copied this from my sister Whitney's blog. As many of you know her husband is the defensive coordinator for ACU. This is about one of his players. God Bless!!!
Promise Keepers story
I had to tell this story b/c it touched my heart...One of our new transfers had worked the last two years at two Pizza Huts, basically just making enough money to get a hotel room for the night and some vending machine food. Basically, he was just trying to get by. He was playing football at a Jr. College until he transferred here this summer. Well, during 2 a days he had to go to the hospital b/c of heat exhaustion... his kidneys were even starting to shut down. They reluctantly took him to Promise Keepers and he was so weak that he laid in the pew with a pillow by Jason. Jason looked down one time and tears were streaming down his face. He said he had never heard the message he was hearing at the time, afterall he had been just trying to survive. He went up to the front and our team surrounded him to show him that they love him and support him. He is the sweetest guy... He was beside me in line at the cafeteria and he was so excited about the food. I asked him how he liked it here and he said, "I just love it." Just an amazing story of how lives can be touched and something I have to remind myself of constantly, especially the last few days. I have been through 10 football seasons with Jason, and these last 2 weeks have been harder than they ever have been before.

No comments: