Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Baby Bump and Our First Sonogram!

Today we went for our first sonogram. We are 8 weeks and 1 day along. That makes our due date October 8. We got to see the baby's heartbeat. It was 156 beats per minute. We also were able to see it's little arms and legs. It was such a neat experience and makes it feel so real. Here is a little bit about what is going on with the baby. The baby is about an inch long. The tail is now gone and the arms and feet (complete with fingers and toes) have formed, along with eyes (eyelids sealed shut), ears, a nose tip, and a tongue. All major organs and systems are presents, but still have a great deal of developing to do. The embryo make spontaneous movements tough it will be many weeks before they will be felt. The placenta, which will serve as the baby's support system, is busily being built. I am now starting to show. Some of you may not be able to tell in the picture but Scott and I can. I will post a picture of the sonogram later when Scott can scan it at work. We are on our way to Waxahachie to look for houses! Yeah!!!

10 comments:

ajphillips said...

Cute pooch! I can't wait to see you "really" pregnant! Mom thinks it is a girl b/c of the heart beat! HOW EXCITING! Jordan and I are going to have nieces & nephews all around us!

Ashlee said...

WOW how fun!!! I wish you both the best of luck and we will keep you all in our prayers. You are going to be such a cute pregnant girl!! Good luck with the house hunting.

Shelley said...

(I snoop on your blog from your sisters'...) Anyway, congrats on your pregnancy. I LOVED being pregnant. Enjoy every minute of it. If yall do move to WAX. I have a friend there from ACU... I will have to hoop yall up! She is super sweet!

Shelbi Price said...

You barely even have a pooch! I'm very excited for you two. I say it's a girl too. Peyton heart beat was like only 135! I am excited for u!

Whitney said...

Morgan's was 149 at 7 weeks, Kennedy's was around 160 (guesstimate from the Dr.) Your pooch is cute!

Prissy Petals said...

Aaw:) Your little "bump" is so cute:) I'm sure that hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time is really neat:) I'm glad ya'll are all doing good! I hope ya'll had fun looking for houses this weekend! Keep us updated!

Glenna said...

Enjoyed seeing that little pooch in person. Next time I actually see you there will really be a pooch out there. Enjoyed the weekend and am so excited about the baby and the fact that you all will be living closer!

Whitney said...

Are you ever going to post sonogram pictures?????????????????????????

ajphillips said...

Sorry..I noticed you called but it was 10:30 when I saw it so I was afraid I might wake you up.

Glenna said...

That little one looks like a baby now from the astrology picture. You will be showing pretty good by the time I get to see you I guess. Keep some pictures posted ...please! Rhonda told me today that Leslie is having twin boys.